ARCO – Art, Research and Creation Opus 2021 – is a binational university dedicated to musical creation, association between the Mozarteum University Salzbourg, Gmem-Marseille (one of the French National Center of Musical Creation) and French ensembles Multilaterale, Les Métaboles and Tana string quartet.
ARCO 2021 will be hosted by Gmem-CNCM-Marseille.
From July 8th – 17th 2021 (arrival on the 8th, departure on the 18th)
ARCO will welcome twelve young composers from all over the world.
Throughout the week, coaches Henry Fourès, Johannes Maria Staud, Yann Robin and guest professor Eva Reiter will conduct seminars, workshops and individually tailored composition classes.
Written for the occasion, the students’ pieces will be rehearsed, performed and recorded by Tana string quartet, Ensemble Multilatérale and Vocal Ensemble Les Métaboles, directed by Léo Warynski.
- Lectures by composition teachers and invited artists
- Individual composition classes with Henry Fourès, Yann Robin and Johannes-Maria Staud and Eva Reiter ensuring the supervision of the students’ projects.
- Encounters with the soloists of Multilatérale who will share their secrets on the most advanced instrumental extended techniques
- Daily rehearsals with the Ensemble Multilatérale, Les Métaboles and the Tana String quartet.
- “Body-Space-Conscience” workshops each morning with Elisabeth Gutjahr, rector of Mozarteum University Salzbourg
- Creation and recording of the student’s pieces during two closing concerts.
STRING QUARTETS :
From July 11th – 17th 2021 (arrival on the 12th, departure on the 18th)
What is it to be an interpret in the 21st century? Maybe following the footsteps of the glorious musicians of yesterday : virtuosos of the classics from the past and pioneers of the scores of their time.
Tana will offer to two young string quartets to perfect their musical identity through daily coaching on the interpretation of both a masterpiece classic from the past and a work of our time.
During ARCO, Beethoven, Mozart, Debussy, Bartok and the music of today will meet under the bows of two young string quartets. Be this ensemble and be part of the musical life of today.
Strong from it’s experience of the great repertoire as well as numerous contemporary creations, Tana has been invited to teach in some of the most prestigious music university (Berkeley, Shangaï, CNSM Paris, Hear Strasbourg, Javieriana Bogota) and will share their experience with the two student string quartets.
From July 12th – 17th 2021 (arrival on the 11th, departure on the 18th)
A student conductor will be selected by Mozarteum University Salzbourg to assist Léo Warynski during the university.
He will conduct the ensembles during the rehearsals.
ARCO’s activities will be held in English.